For Graduate and Professional Schools, Internships and Summer Programs
Personal statements can be frighteningly free-form. Where even to begin?
Take a deep breath, and consider this:
I know nothing about you yet but I’ll learn enough from the structured brainstorming process we’ll do that I’ll be able to zero right in on:
- What, specifically, makes you unique and memorable
- What you’re especially good at
- How you became interested in this field and what you eventually hope to contribute
- Why you’re a perfect fit for this program, and vice versa
From there, we’ll tease out:
- Your best and most revealing story—the one that only you can tell
- Your best angle into that story
- How best to hook your reader’s attention starting from your very first sentence
- Drama and energy
- The “voice” that feels most captivating and authentic to you
- A conclusion that feels earned, satisfying, and hard to forget
We can usually accomplish everything via an exchange of e-mails and, when needed, a quick phone or video call.