For Teachers, Counselors & College Advisors
What do you do when a student walks into your office and says:
Please just help me…
- Review the whole of my life so far and zero in on a handful of insanely amazing essay topics that will for sure get me into the college of my dreams?
- Figure out where and how to even start?!
- Understand who I am and what makes me different from everyone else?
- Reflect on the deeper meaning of my experiences?
- Find the confidence and staying power to turn unprocessed material into polished pieces both my parents and I will be proud of?
- Review every line, every word, every punctuation point so I get my essays exactly right?
- Put EVERYTHING I’ve learned about good writing in school—from all my patient and dedicated teachers, tutors, and mentors—into practice?
- Learn how to manage my time so I work on my essays methodically, week by week instead of staying up all night before applications are due?
- Keep my parents and me from yelling at each other—or worse?!
Who has time for all of THAT?!
Well, funny you should ask…